airbornewife

I dedicate this site my husband, a soldier, a father, and above all a friend. I also dedicate this site to soldiers currently serving and who have served our great country. You are in our thoughts always.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Married to a National Guard soldier. Just waiting for his departure overseas. This will the second go-round...I feel like a pro this time!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

One month down...

I can't believe January is over. It seems like it went by fast, but it seems like Jeff has been gone forever. It gets better each day though. We sort of have a phone call schedule. We usually get to talk every other day and I get an email from him almost every day. Although I haven't heard from him in a few days now...but that's to be expected.
He has sent me close to 50 pictures. I've started arranging and labeling them in an album. He gets hairier and hairier in each new picture!! They have adopted a new kitty...ComoCat. Its a little orange kitty that showed up and never left. Jeff said that back home none of these guys probably even liked cats, but almost everyone takes care this kitty.
Its superbowl Sunday...I tried to get into the game, but I don't really like football, so there you go. College basketball I love, so I am really looking foward to March. Football always makes me think of Jeff anyway. He said they were going to try to watch it, but who knows.
I'm going to my first FRG meeting in a couple of weeks. I guess I am excited, if thats the right word. Mostly curious. Its hard to get excited about a five hour drive on my only day off that week. But I think it will be good to meet other families that are dealing with this deployment.
Jeff has finally gotten the mail I sent him. I sent a package of magazines, a local newspaper, and other stuff that I knew he would want to read. The mail goes to Bagram first and then to their location, but you never know when a plane can get to where he is. So this whole mail thing might not be that great.
Another thing is that he erased all the music on his ipod, accidently of course. So I am in the process of burning all the music we have and sending several, to say the least, cds his way. We had just talked about how he is so glad to have that music with him because he said it really helps him when he is missing home. We will get it straight somehow.
Just getting ready for another week. Planning a trip to Memphis this weekend, should be fun. Anything to make the time go by faster. You hear all your life to slow down and enjoy the moment, that time will fly by and then you will wonder where it all went....I don't really give a hoot about that right now. I just want my husband back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I am happy for you that you get a call every other day. You are lucky. That's funny that he is getting more and more hairy. Danny's hair is getting shorter and shorter. Last time I saw him on webcam I called him bald. He isn't of course but he is close. Hang in there. Time will go faster and faster.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Cat!!! Thanks for your support,

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home