airbornewife

I dedicate this site my husband, a soldier, a father, and above all a friend. I also dedicate this site to soldiers currently serving and who have served our great country. You are in our thoughts always.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Married to a National Guard soldier. Just waiting for his departure overseas. This will the second go-round...I feel like a pro this time!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

We're minus a chicken...again!

Well, came home today to find that we are down a chicken. Ruby, may she rest in peace, decided to take a walk on the wrong side of the fence and got gobbled up. It was actually pretty traumatic. I didn't see the whole thing go down, just the aftermath. I walked around the garage and saw a pile a red feathers and my dalmation standing there with a tuft of red feathers hanging from her mouth. She looked at me as if to say "What, I'm a dog. What did you expect?" I couldn't really yell at just at her because the other two dogs had feathers in their mouths as well. So I commenced to yelling at everydamnbody! Of course, five minutes later they act as if nothing happened.
Oh well, you got chickens, you got dogs, go figure.
Heard from Jeff today. Just when I think its going to be forever before I talk to him again, he finds a way to call. After this time though, it may be awhile. He was about to move to another location, so who knows when he will get set up again. Its amazing how a phone call can put me at ease. Damn, I miss him. I even miss him yelling at the tv when a football game's on. (Never thought I'd say that!)
Anyway, getting ready for the big birthday spend the night party for the little one this weekend!! Whoo-hoo!! It's gonna be a good weekend. I have chosen to forget about my birthday next week because it is the big 3-0! Yeah, that's right. Everyone tells me that 30 is worse than 40, even my hubby! I'm like, thanks, needed to hear that! I really don't care about the whole age thing. My husband is few years older than me. My stepdad is 26 or so years older than my mom, and, hell, I'm still getting tattoos! No, I'm not white trash, I just choose to wear my art permanently!!
Its been one week since Jeff set off over the big blue. I can only hope that all the weeks to come will pass as quickly as this one has. Man, I love marking off those days!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,



I wish you nothing but the best and hope all of our friends and family come home safe soon. I thought you might be interested to know about Operation Love Our Troops, an initiative launched by Soldiers’ Angels. They’re sending the world’s largest valentine to the troops overseas and you can leave a personal written or voice message for your loved ones, for free, on the site and they’ll get it delivered on February 14. Visit www.operationloveourtroops.org and send wishes of love and support.



Please share with your family and friends, too.



Good wishes,
Ashley

ashley@bohle.com

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home