airbornewife

I dedicate this site my husband, a soldier, a father, and above all a friend. I also dedicate this site to soldiers currently serving and who have served our great country. You are in our thoughts always.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Married to a National Guard soldier. Just waiting for his departure overseas. This will the second go-round...I feel like a pro this time!

Monday, October 24, 2005

What a great weekend!!!

My husband actually got to leave for the weekend, well for one night! Hey, I'll take it! We met at the beach because it is a much shorter drive for him than me. I got there Friday and had to wait until Saturday at 3:30 before he arrived. Most people would think its great to be stuck at the beach all by yourself, but I couldn't wait to see him. I count my lucky stars that we can at least see each other every now and then. So many women can't see there loved ones. I know when January comes, I won't see him for a long time. That's why I love all these little visits now.
Anyway, we met at the beach and watched some football first. I didn't complain because he is a big fan. His team won, thank goodness! We then went for a walk on the beach...we were going to go for a run, but after a fews beers watchin the game...no way! Afterwards we just hung out a drank wine and talked forever. We finally left to go eat at about 9:00 pm, lost track of time. We felt like kids again. I guess it was being at the beach, no cares or worries..just being together.
The next morning, we got to watch the sunrise over the ocean from our bed. Beautiful! We had coffee and breakfast and talked some more. What an incredible visit! I realize every time I'm with him what a good man he is and what a good friend. I dread what's coming up..
Well started another week of work. Actually working on my resume. I love my job, but the restaurant industry is so fickle. I work for a bunch of hippie wanna be's...nothin wrong with that...just makes me nervous.
There really isn't much stability in this industry sometimes...unless you do corporate work or country clubs...no thanks. I'm going to try for some test kitchens. There are about four large pulishers here that house test kitchens. I think it would a great job, and much more stable!
It would be a little scary to change jobs while he's gone....but I think I can handle everything at home ok. Thank goodness for school buses!!
Tomorrow's another day........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home