airbornewife

I dedicate this site my husband, a soldier, a father, and above all a friend. I also dedicate this site to soldiers currently serving and who have served our great country. You are in our thoughts always.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Married to a National Guard soldier. Just waiting for his departure overseas. This will the second go-round...I feel like a pro this time!

Monday, February 20, 2006

I feel like a sponge.....

Wow...I think my brain is approaching information overlood. What a busy weekend. Between my dad going into the hospital, my brother dealing with a death on his fiance's side of the family, to going to the big FRG meeting, I am pooped!!
My dad is ok...it was just a little scary because the same day they let him out, he had to go back. He is home now and doing fine. He is the last man I would picture in the hospital, he won't even take tylenol.
My brother and his fiance are doing well. It was a long illness for her aunt, so the family was as prepared as they could be, considering.
As for the FRG meeting, it was great! Meeting all the other wives, well a handful anyway, and becoming part of this deployment even more is comforting. I am an even bigger fan of Military Onesource. What a great source of information and help. From plumbing questions to financial problems, to childcare...it truly is a one source of information.
Jeff and I have communicated through the webcam finally. Its like we really get to visit, a little! We can talk to each other most of the time over the internet..so its really cool to do both.
I'm glad February is winding down..that means two months under our belts...only 7 or so to go.... maybe. I have learned my lesson with the military. You never know. But hey, what ya gonna do?