airbornewife

I dedicate this site my husband, a soldier, a father, and above all a friend. I also dedicate this site to soldiers currently serving and who have served our great country. You are in our thoughts always.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Married to a National Guard soldier. Just waiting for his departure overseas. This will the second go-round...I feel like a pro this time!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Less than two weeks!!!!!

Well.....I doubt anybody even reads this anymore....since i haven't posted anything in over a month. Life has just been crazy...as usual. The last thing I heard from Jeff was that he was two hours from getting on a plane to head to Bagram. That means that he has officially started his journey back home. He will possibly stay there a few days, then catch the first of, I am sure, a few flights to the States....HOLY MOLY....I can hardly believe it!!!
I have planned to meet him at his DEMOB location...whenever that is. I have learned to use words like whenever and phrases like "in a few days" more and more. You really have to be flexible with the military, because you never know!
I have almost finished my first week at a new job....working in the test kitchen for a major publishing company. Chances are you many of you have cookbooks that this company has published. It is an absolute dream job! Vacation days, sick days, paid holidays, PERSONAL DAYS!!! If you're in the restaurant industry you know that those sorts of benefits are very few and far between. I can't be happier with the choice I have made. It will be better for everybody. Better hours and have tried to imagine what its going to be like to see him and I don't even know what to think. I know I will be giggly and all smiles....that's for sure. Its hard to get too excited just yet because I still don't know exactly when he will be here...I just know that it will be less than two weeks.
If we can make it through this, we got everything else licked!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger kbug said...

I am so happy for you...to have your fella coming home so soon. I do still check your site from time to time to see what's going on..... :) Anyway, keep us (me) informed...I love to hear about soldiers who return from overseas...it helps me think about the day that Seth will return in about 3 1/2 months. Yeah, November can't get here soon enough for me.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

airbornewife,

my husband has beed deployed for 308 days. he still has around 52 days left. it's been a tough year for the both of us, but we're going to make it. it's good to hear stories of other wives of deployed soldiers. helps me know i'm not the only one going through this. my husband may not be sf, but being on a security detail still has it's moments.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home